Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a whole bunch of techniques that can help your website to appear higher up Google search results, bringing more visitors to your site and more customers to your business.
It’s a BIG topic that can require a lot of time and knowledge or deep pockets to outsource it.
This workshop is aimed at those people who want to find out more about SEO and make a start on doing it for themselves. We’re going to focus on keywords – the words and phrases that your potential customers are typing into Google – because the right choice of keywords can make the difference between successful and impossible!
This is a beginner level workshop for website DIY-ers and people who want to be able to write their own content to improve their website ranking. I plan on keeping the techie talk to a minimum and focus on a practical process that you can use to find the best keywords for your SEO. (And we’ll have coffee and cake while we’re doing it!)
Although I specialise in WordPress websites, this workshop is not WordPress-specific and will also be relevant for people with sites on other platforms such as Squarespace and Shopify.
- A brief introduction to the 3 main elements of SEO (search engine optimisation)
- The 4 characteristics of a good keyword
- Techniques for finding your keywords including recommended free tools
- Taking a “pyramid” view of your website to best organise your keywords
- How to identify your “low-hanging fruit” keywords
- What to do with your keywords now you’ve got them
Please bring your laptop (fully-charged) because this is an interactive workshop with plenty of opportunity to try out the tools and techniques we’ll be talking about.
BONUS: A report produced using a fantastic paid SEO tool that gives you a full picture of where you currently rank and for what keywords. If your website is too new or low in traffic to generate a report then I can look at another website in a similar niche to you instead. This provides you with a great source of ideas for future strategy.
What you will go away with
- A better understanding of SEO and where to focus your efforts
- A list of keywords for your business
- A process and tools for identifying your best keywords
- A checklist of what to do with your keywords once you’ve got them
Monday 12th November, 6:45pm – 9:00pm (please arrive between 6:30pm and 6.45pm to get settled in, get a drink and warm up your laptop ready for a prompt start)
Hot drinks and cake are included in the price of the workshop.